In-Game Tournaments for Fortnite Leaked
There was a video posted by Epic Games on their official Fortnite channel that talked about the new support-a-creator event. This event will allow players to support their favorite content creators whenever they purchase items from the item shop or V-bucks in-game currency. The video accidentally leaked some information that peaked fan’s interests; Tournaments.
Thanks to the efforts of data miners, we now know more information about the implementation of in-game tournaments. The new ‘tab’ will allow all players to compete in tournaments that take place throughout the week. The tournaments will be available in solo, duo, and squads. There isn’t any information on what the tournaments will reward the winners with, but it seems like the victors will walk away with “in-game pins”. Data miners found a line of code that claimed that players will “have to score at least 20 total points in a session to earn a shiny pin!”
There is no official release date for the new tournament mode, but the dates that were leaked point towards a day before October 27. Some information has been provided about each tournament format.
- Tournament name: Salty Springs Cup
- Mode: Solo
- Dates: October 27 – 31
- Description: You have one week and three attempts to prove that you are the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer. Compete to take home an in-game pin in the Salty Springs Cup.
- Tournament name: Tomato Temple Cup
- Mode: Duo
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Grab a friend and make Tomatohead proud. Become legends of the Tomato.
- Tournament name: Fortnite Friday Night
- Mode: Squads
- Date: Every Friday Night!
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action. Can your team rise to the top?