Glider Redeploy System Disabled from Fortnite
Epic Games announced that they would be removing the glider redeploy mechanic from Fortnite due to negative community feedback. The system would remain within larger team modes like soaring 50s and Disco Domination, along with the practice playground mode. On Wednesday, the glider redeploy system would be disabled entirely from solo, duo, and squad default modes.
To the community’s surprise, when the patch notes for v6.30 were released, they found that the system was not completely removed like expected. Per Epic’s notes, the “glider redeploy will now only activate the Glider. Skydiving will no longer be available when using the Glider Redeploy.” Fans were confused on what this means since Epic lead fans to believe that the system would be removed altogether.
Within the patch notes, it is explained that the glider redeploy system had been adjusted only for modes where the glider redeploy mechanic is still available.
- We are disabling Glider Re-Deploy in all default modes starting in v6.30.
- It will remain in the larger team modes (e.g. Soaring 50s, Disco Domination etc.) and Playground to allow ongoing experimentation with this feature.
- Glider Redeploy will now only activate the Glider.
- Skydiving will no longer be available when using Glider Redeploy.
- The Skydiving state will still be activated when jumping from the Battle Bus, using Launch Pads, or any type of Rifts.
- If Skydiving from Launch Pads or Rifts, the forced Glider deploy height has been raised from 15.5 meters to 35 meters. – Epic Games.”
With the updated glider redeploy system players will still be able to glide from high builds, however, they will not be able to skydive. The skydive change was implemented to stop players from gaining speed while skydiving.
Fortnite fans will be able to play all default modes without the glider redeploy system, and will not have to worry about enemies flying in from tall builds. Epic has chosen to keep the updated glider deploy system within LTM modes and playground while they experiment with the mechanic for upcoming patches and updates.