League of Legends Patch 12.7 Highlights
League of Legends Patch 12.7 is set to go live on April 13. This is a much bigger champion balance patch than the previous one. In addition to four pro play-focused nerfs, a whopping 10 champions have been given buffs to try and push them into prominence. We also have some changes to items and the Time Warp Tonic rune. Here are the most important changes of League of Legends Patch 12.7. For the full patch notes, click here.
- Health Growth 90 ⇒ 95
- Health 560-2090 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 520-2135 (levels 1-18)
- Base Armor 27 ⇒ 22
- Armor Growth 3.5 ⇒8 (armor at level 18 unchanged)
Jayce is a dominant top laner in pro play due to his ability to bully opponents in the laning phase and gain a lead. This base stat nerf to Jayce will allow for a lot more counter play in the early game. Losing 5 whole base armor will make Jayce way squishier against physical damage dealers.
- Base AD 68 ⇒ 66
Q – Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike
- Sonic Wave Damage 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+100% bonus AD)
- Resonating Strike Minimum Damage 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+100% bonus AD)
- Resonating Strike Maximum Damage 110/160/210/260/310 (+200% bonus AD) ⇒ 100/150/200/250/300 (+200% bonus AD)
Lee Sin is currently a one-size-fits-all jungle pick. His early tempo and playmaking potential make him a potent champion in any situation. This nerf to his base AD and Q damage should slow him down slightly and reduce his skirmish potential.
Q – Overload
- Magic Damage 70/90/110/130/150 (+45% AP) (+3% bonus mana) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (+50% AP) (+2% bonus mana)
Another patch, another Ryze nerf. His prevalence in pro play with a tank-focused build has prompted this one. A 5 percent buff to the AP ratio on his Q at the cost of a 1 percent bonus mana nerf may look power neutral, but Ryze’s Everfrost, Fimbulwinter, and Frozen Heart build leaned way more into the mana. This is a net nerf that may also change Ryze’s itemization back to Seraph’s Embrace.
- AD Growth 2 ⇒5
- Attack Damage 53-87 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 50-75.5 (levels 1-18)
- Base Armor 22 ⇒ 20
- Health Growth 90 ⇒ 95
- Health at Level 18 2030 ⇒ 2115
Q – Burst Fire
- Total Physical Damage 10/15/20/25/30 (+110% total AD) ⇒ 7/9/11/13/15 (+110/112.5/115/117.5/120% total AD)
- Burst Fire now only applies on-hit effects once per cast
- Zeri can now only gain one stack of R – Lightning Crash and one instance of E – Spark Surge cooldown reduction per Q – Burst Fire cast (excluding critical strikes)
- Critical strikes on Q – Burst Fire grant Zeri an additional R – Lightning Crash stack and an additional instance of E – Spark Surge’s cooldown reduction (at most two procs per cast: one for Q upon hitting a champion and another if it crits on a champion)
W – Ultrashock Laser
- Magic Damage 40/75/110/145/180 (+100% total AD)(+60% AP) ⇒ 10/45/80/115/150 (+120% total AD)(+70% AP)
E – Spark Surge
- Cooldown 23 seconds ⇒ 28/26.5/25/23.5/22 seconds
R – Lightning Crash
- Cooldown 100/90/80 seconds ⇒ 120/95/70 seconds
Zeri has continued to be an absolute menace. Her Triforce and Hydra build deals way too much damage while also giving tons of utility. This newest round of Zeri nerfs aims to heavily bring down her base values in exchange for more AD ratios and scaling cooldown reduction. Overall, these changes will be a pretty big nerf to Zeri and may even force her to build differently.
Passive – Trial by Fire
- Burn Base Damage 55-225 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 55-310 (levels 1-18)
W – Remove Scurvy
- Mana Cost 80/90/100/110/120 ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100
Gangplank was already a strong champion in the right hands. These buffs will likely start to move him into overpowered territory. More true damage on his passive auto attack means more dueling potential in top lane, while the reduced mana cost on W makes it that much harder to counter his poke and sustain in lane phase.
Q – Lay Waste
- Damage Against Monsters 85% ⇒ 95%
Much like Gangplank, Karthus was also already a strong pick in the right hands. This 10% increase to his clear speed (when his only job is to farm) will certainly push the Deathsinger into the meta as the premiere AP jungler.
Passive – Dream-Laden Bough
- Healing Against Champions 12-140 (levels 1-18) (+12% AP) ⇒ 12-140 (levels 1-18) (+20% AP)
W – Watch Out! Eep!
- Damage 70/90/110/130/150 (+35% AP) ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160 (+35% AP)
Speaking of AP junglers, Lillia has also been given some love this patch. While it’s nothing completely game-changing, the extra sustain in skirmishes and 10 extra damage on W are nice changes that should help Lillia compete with the rest of the jungle pool.
W – Shapesplitter
- Passive Bonus Magic Damage 50/70/90/110/130 (+60% AP) ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170 (+60% AP)
- Passive Bonus Move Speed 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 10/17.5/25/32.5/40%
In an attempt to bring Neeko back into high level play, Riot have re-buffed her main ability for her top lane on-hit build. An extra 40 damage per three auto attacks is quite a lot and will easily stack up over time. Expect to see some on-hit Neeko making its return.
- Base Health Regeneration 9 ⇒5
Q – Comet Spear
- Tap Q Length 550 units ⇒ 600 units
- Tap Q Width 150 units ⇒ 120 units
E – Aegis Assault
- Pantheon is no longer slowed if moving backwards while E – Aegis Assault is active
R – Grand Starfall
- Pantheon now crashes down on his destination 0.25 seconds sooner
Pantheon is one of those all-or-nothing picks who either wins hard early or loses the game late. This list of quality-of-life changes should make his life a bit easier when trying to accomplish his goal. The health regen nerf is a bit sad for his lane phase, but the extended Q tap range will help Pantheon pick up more farm in exchange.
Q – Crushing Blow
- Cooldown 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds ⇒ 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
W – Warrior Trickster
- Cooldown 20/19/18/17/16 seconds ⇒ 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Wukong can now dash through terrain using W – Warrior Trickster
E – Nimbus Strike
- Magic Damage 80/110/140/170/200 (+80% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+100% AP)
- Bonus Magic Damage Against Monsters 50% ⇒ 80%
Wukong was on the receiving end of some very potent buffs this patch. His Q cooldown is reduced by one second, his E does 30 percent more magic damage to monsters, and his W lets him scale terrain. This plethora of newfound jungle utility will likely buy him an increase in play rate across the board.
- Health 490 ⇒ 520
R – Last Breath
- Cooldown 80/55/30 seconds ⇒ 70/50/30 seconds
Yasuo has been given 30 more base HP and a 10 second cooldown reduction on his rank one ultimate. Whether or not he needed these buffs is up for debate, especially with bot lane Yasuo creeping up. These changes allow for much more safety in a duo lane and more frequent combo potential at 6. Expect even more Yasuo bot this patch.
- Unmake Magic Resist Reduction 5 (+1% bonus health), capped at 20 ⇒ 5 (+1.2% bonus health), capped at 25
Abyssal Mask has been the weakest magic resist option period. This buff to its MR shred should help it shine in scenarios where a team has multiple AP threats.
- Active Cooldown 90 seconds ⇒ 110 seconds
With the nerf to Immortal Shieldbow, champions like Graves are now defaulting to Galeforce. This 20 second increase will help opponents pin down users of this extra mobility tool, and cut down on the frequency of its all-in threat.
- Bonus Heal and Shield Power Per Stack 7% (maximum 35% at 5 stacks) ⇒ 6% (maximum 30% at 5 stacks)
Soraka and Yuumi have been dominant in solo queue, far more than any enchanters. As a result, Moonstone has seen a 5 percent reduction to its Heal and Shield Power. This will bring those two picks more in line, at the cost of picks like Karma and Janna who had the option of going Moonstone before.
- Total Cost 2400 gold ⇒ 2300 gold
- Combine Cost 600 gold ⇒ 500 gold
- Blackout Cooldown 45 seconds ⇒ 35 seconds
While it was originally a support focused item, Umbral Glaive has been much more popular as an early pick up for AD junglers and even top laners. This reduction in price and buff to the ward clearing cooldown will cause more Glaives to pop up.
- Total Cost 2600 gold ⇒ 2700 gold
- Combine Cost 1000 gold ⇒ 1100 gold
- Health 400 ⇒ 350
- Fixed a bug where Fimbulwinter’s base shield did not properly update with champion level
Winter’s Approach has been a versatile and powerful option among many classes of champions. It would seem Riot got tired of Ryze building it, so the price and HP value have been nerfed accordingly. This is a pretty sizable nerf to tanks as well, especially since their Frozen Heart combo option is so strong and cheap.
Time Warp Tonic
- Immediate Health & Mana Restoration 50% ⇒ 30%
- Bonus Move Speed 5% ⇒ 4%
Time Warp Tonic is a valuable option for any champion who wants more safety, poke, health, and mana in lane. Unfortunately, that’s almost every champion, which resulted in the rune being taken very often. This nerf to the instant resource restoration and move speed should cut down on the safety aspect by a decent amount.
Those are the most important changes of League of Legends Patch 12.7. This patch was much bigger that the previous couple of patches and will likely shake up the meta quite a bit. Expect to see many of the buffed champions, notably Karthus, Gangplank and Wukong, showing up in both solo queue and pro play soon.