League of Legends Patch 12.21 Highlights
League of Legends Patch 12.21 has been released. This patch is one of the last patches before the preseason starts rolling in. As such, Patch 12.21 is much smaller than previous patches. Aside from just eight total champion adjustments, the only thing to look towards is the release of K’Sante. Here are all the biggest changes of League of Legends Patch 12.21. For the full patch notes, click here.
E – Royal Maelstrom
- Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 ⇒ 24/22.5/21/19.5/18
R – Endless Banquet
- Void Remora Health: 50/60/70% ⇒ 40/50/60% of minion’s maximum health
Bel’Veth has been pretty strong recently, even showing up at Worlds multiple times. These simple nerfs should serve to bring her down a peg. Two seconds added to her E means that Bel’Veth will farm slower and be less likely to get multiple off in a fight. The slightly reduced HP on her Void Remora spawns is less consequential, but still a power down.
- Health: 653 ⇒ 633
- Base Magic Resist: 32 ⇒ 28
W – Overdrive
- Bonus Attack Speed: 40/53/66/79/92% ⇒ 30/43/56/69/82%
Blitzcrank’s Riot sanctioned transition to the jungle is getting further and further along. This time, he’s received a 10 percent attack speed reduction on his W, as well as a huge durability nerf. With 20 less HP and four less MR, Blitz will be much more susceptible to lane poke from enchanters and mages.
E – Make It Rain
- Magic Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+100% AP) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+120% AP)
- Slow: 50% (+4% per 100 AP) ⇒ 40% (+6% per 100 AP)
R – Bullet Time
- Damage per Wave: 75% AD + 20% AP ⇒ 75% AD + 25% AP
The numbers on these MF changes may be a little confusing on first look. Basically, her E and R now deal more damage when she builds AP. A buffed AP ratio on E’s slow also helps to offset some of the nerf. For AD MF however, these changes are a straight nerf and only serve to weaken her E spam for lane and self-peel.
Q – Orb of Deception
- Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 ⇒ 55/65/75/85/95
- Damage per Pass Through: 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% AP) ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140 (+45% AP)
A small buff to Ahri’s Q. The five mana doesn’t really do much, maybe she gets one extra cast during the entire laning phase. The bigger buff is the five percent AP. At 200 AP, that’s an extra 10 damage on her Q, times two for both pass throughs. Not anything crazy, but still nice for Ahri.
E – Malefic Visions
- Malefic Visions will now execute minions below 15 – 45 health (levels 1-11)
This is a super good quality of life buff to Malzahar that also slightly increases his early wave clear potential. No longer will Malz players be guaranteed to miss CS during the laning phase because of unlucky damage ticking. And since the execute threshold is higher than the damage per tick (without the AP ratio), Malefic Visions will spread one tick faster as well.
Passive – Determination
- Third Hit Bonus Damage: 15/25/35/45% AD ⇒ 15/30/45/60% AD
- Heal: 6-74 (based on level) (+10% AD) (+55% AP) ⇒ 6-74 (based on level) (+10% AD) (+65% AP)
E – Audacious Charge
- Cooldown: 12 seconds ⇒ 11 seconds
Xin Zhao is known to be a champion that does a lot early and not much later. This patch includes a ramping buff to his three-hit passive. Determination now has an extra five percent AD ratio at level 6, 10 percent at 11, and 15 percent at 16. Tack on a one second reduced cooldown on his gap closer, and Xin Zhao is feeling slightly better to play now.
Those are all the biggest changes of League of Legends Patch 12.21. This was by far the smallest patch we’ve seen all season so far. There are not too many sweeping changes that will be coming out before season 12 comes to an end. Still, make sure that you’re able to hit the rank you want before ranked ends.