League of Legends Patch 11.24 Highlights
League of Legends Patch 11.24 is now live. While this isn’t as big of an update as the previous Patch 11.23, it still contains many changes to the game for the preseason. The update contains follow-up adjustments to the new items, as well as buffs for some of the underperforming champions. The new Dragons have also received some tweaks. Here are the most important changes of League of Legends Patch 11.24. For the full patch notes, click here.
W – Tactical Sweep
- OUTER CONE BONUS DAMAGE 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% (+3.3% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s maximum health ⇒ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% (+2.5% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s maximum health
E – Hookshot
- COOLDOWN 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Camille is the only champion being hit with a direct nerf this patch. Her W damage and E cooldown have both taken a hit, reducing her damage in trades and all-ins, and making her windows of engage of escape slightly longer. This should make Camille less punishing overall to play into.
- SKAARL BASE HEALTH 400-1420 (based on level) ⇒ 400-1550 (based on level)
Passive – Skaarl, the Cowardly Lizard
- Skaarl’s base health now counts towards Kled’s base health, not Kled’s bonus health
- Any health items that Kled purchases will add to Skaarl’s health and count as bonus health
- While unmounted, Kled will check whether Skaarl’s Courage has been restored twice as often, reducing the time it takes for them to reunite when at max Courage
- Kled now spawns with full health
E – Jousting
- COOLDOWN 14/13/12/11/10 seconds ⇒ 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
- DAMAGE RATIO 60% bonus AD ⇒ 65% bonus AD
Kled has received a bevy of changes that all serve to incentivize building damage instead of tank items. Since Skaarl’s base HP no longer counts as bonus HP, tank Mythic items are worse on him. Some quality-of-life buffs were also added, such as quicker remounting.
Passive – Friend of the Forest
- KRUG EXPERIENCE REWARD 27 ⇒ 95
- KRUG GOLD REWARD 39 ⇒ 85
Ivern has been at a massive disadvantage in the jungle for a while now thanks to his reduced value on taking Krugs. Not getting to kill the smaller ones meant the camp was simply not worth pathing to before. Now, Ivern will have access to a decent chunk of gold and exp from them.
Passive – Divine Ascent
- The distance of the waves launched by Kayle’s basic attacks while she is Aflame and Exalted (or Transcendent) now scales with her bonus attack range
Kayle’s AOE fire waves on her auto attacks now scales with her auto attack range. This will come into play when she stacks up Lethal Tempo, or hits level 16 (since her AA range gets extended then). Her late game monster status is now even more prominent than before.
R – Spray and Pray
- The extra distance that Twitch’s bolts travel now scales with his bonus attack range
Twitch will now have extra range on his ultimate bolts whenever he has Lethal Tempo running. Twitch players know the pain of hit auto attacks missing. While this won’t remove that possibility, it will now be easier for Twitch to land killing blows onto enemies running away.
R – Inferno Trigger
- REMOVED MANA COST 100/50/0 ⇒ 0/0/0
Samira now no longer needs mana to cast her ultimate. It did scale to zero mana cost at level 16, but now she’ll always be able to cast Inferno Trigger in lane the moment she hits six.
- COMBINE COST 950 gold ⇒ 550 gold (total cost equally reduced)
One of the worst-performing mage items of the preseason, Archangel’s Staff has seen its gold cost reduced by a whopping 400. This means champions like Kassadin will have much easier access to a decent stat stick for them.
- ABILITY POWER 75 ⇒ 65
- HEALTH 250 ⇒ 200
- SPELLDANCE MOVE SPEED BONUS 20%, decaying to 10% ⇒ 15%, decaying to 5%
Nerfs across the board for Cosmic Drive. The item was very frequently picked up by battle mages, so this should bring it in line a bit.
Crown of the Shattered Queen
- ABILITY POWER 70 ⇒ 60
The new mage Mythic did a really good job of bringing champions like Lux and Viktor to the forefront of the meta. In order to compensate for the sheer tankiness of these formerly squishy targets, the item will now provide slightly less damage.
- CORUSCATION BONUS DAMAGE 12% for 5 seconds ⇒ 9% for 4 seconds
The new engage support Mythic item has also received a nerf. This one hit much harder, as Evenshroud has now lost 25 percent of its bonus damage and an extra second of damage bonus. It will likely still be built but will be much less effective.
- MELEE FROST FIELD DAMAGE 20-100 (+0.5% max health) ⇒ 12-85
- RANGED FROST FIELD DAMAGE 10-50 (+0.5% max health) ⇒ 6-42.5
Frostfire Gauntlet has seen its damage heavily nerfed. Not only does it provide 8-15 less damage at levels 1-18, the max HP scaling has been totally removed. The item will likely no longer be a must-build for tanky champions.
- SLOW AMOUNT 35% (+2% per 100 AP) (+2% per 100 bonus AD) (+5% per 10% heal and shield power) ⇒ 30% (+3% per 100 AP) (+4% per 100 bonus AD) (+7% per 10% heal and shield power)
Glacial Augment was a bit too effective at locking down targets when used with already crowd control heavy tanks. The base slow has now been lowered and will stay lower if the user builds no damage or heal and shield power.
- MELEE ATTACK SPEED PER STACK 15%, up to 90% ⇒ 13% up to 78%
- RANGED ATTACK SPEED PER STACK 5%, up to 30% ⇒ 7%, up to 42%
- RANGED BONUS ATTACK RANGE AT MAX STACKS 100 ⇒ 75
Lethal Tempo has swept the League scene as many champions have tested the new unique rune out. The changes the Riot have come up with are a nerf to Melee users with lower attack speed cap and a buff to ranged users with higher attack speed. The bonus attack range nerf to ranged users may seem big, but 100 range was often overkill. An extra 75 range will do just fine in most cases.
- MAXIMUM MOVE SPEED 60% ⇒ 45%
- RAMP-UP TIME 1 second ⇒5 seconds
The rise of Predator this preseason has been obnoxious to say the least. Mid laners and supports have swapped to the rune due to its roaming power and easy kill setups. Reducing the max movement speed by 15 percent will help bring the rune in line.
- DRAKE BUFF Grants up to 5% ⇒ 6% bonus damage per stack (all else unchanged)
- DRAGON SOUL Champions briefly revive for a second life for 5 seconds and deal 33% less damage ⇒ 4 seconds and deal 40% less damage (all else unchanged)
- Champions revived by the Chemtech Dragon Soul will now have a zombie state indicator on their health bar
Chemtech Drake has received a buff to its stacking damage component per Drake collected. On the other hand, the powerful Soul effect has been slightly nerfed. Players will now have one less second and 7 percent less damage in zombie form. This honestly isn’t enough of a nerf to the extremely oppressive Soul effect, but it’s a start.
- DRAKE BUFF Grants 5 Ability Haste and 5% attack speed per stack ⇒ 6 Ability Haste and 6% attack speed per stack
The Hextech Drake stacking buff has also been given a boost. It now provides an extra one ability haste and one percent attack speed. While this makes it slightly better, the priority on taking Hextech Drakes likely won’t change.
Those are the biggest changes of League of Legends Patch 11.24. This patch was mostly to address some quality-of-life fixes and additions to multiple champions and follow up on the initial preseason changes. Hopefully, this update will leave the game in a more balanced state overall since preseason is often a very turbulent time.