League of Legends Patch 11.22 Highlights
League of Legends Patch 11.22 has just gone live worldwide. This patch is a fairly small one compared to previous patches as Season 11 is nearing its close. Still, many champions have been given a balance pass in an attempt to equalize them moving into the preseason. Here are the most important changes of League of Legends Patch 11.22. For the full patch notes, click here.
Passive – New Destiny
- Base Damage per Critical Strike Pellet 30% bonus AD ⇒20% bonus AD
Graves has continued to dominate in both top lane and the jungle. Now that crit Graves has become his go-to-build with Shieldbow, he gets to take advantage of the bonus AD per pellet every game. Reducing this ratio by 33 percent should help to bring his late-game carry status in line.
Q – Taste Their Fear
- Total Damage 60/85/110/135/160 (+130% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/85/110/135/160 (+115% bonus AD)
- Isolated Damage 126/178.5/231/283.55/336 (+273% bonus AD) ⇒ 126/178.5/231/283.55/336 (+241.5% bonus AD)
Kha’Zix’s primary ability for both clearing camps and cutting down enemies is getting its scaling nerfed. The base damage will remain the exact same, meaning this change will hurt progressively more as he gets items.
- Base Health 590 ⇒ 520
- Health Growth 90 ⇒ 110
Q – Edge of Ixtal
- Damage 60/85/110/135/160 (+90% bonus AD) ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170 (+75% bonus AD)
E – Audacity
- Damage 50/80/110/140/170 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 50/90/130/170/210 (+50% bonus AD)
Qiyana has been sitting atop the ranked ladder. Her oppressive early game makes it easy for skilled players to create leads and snowball games. Qiyana’s Q and E now have reduced bonus AD scaling in return for a bit more damage with levels. Additionally, her lower HP from levels one to three will make Qiyana more manageable in early lane and river fights, albeit tankier afterward.
E – Zoomies
- Move Speed 15% (+10% per 100 AP) ⇒ 15% (+6% per 100 AP)
- Heal 70/105/140/175/210 (+40% AP) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+35% AP)
Everyone’s favorite enchanter has been dominating both professional play and ranked play. This simple nerf reduces the healing and movement speed that Yuumi can grant allies, making her host that much easier to take down.
Passive – Assassin’s Mark
- Damage 29-170 (based on level) (+40% AP) ⇒ 35-182 (based on level) (+55% AP)
Akali is receiving another buff, this time to her passive damage. At level 1 with double Adaptive Force runes, Akali will have an extra nine damage on her mark. With a Doran’s Ring or Dark Seal, that bonus grows to 11 damage.
E – Rend
- Damage Ratio 60% AD ⇒ 70% AD
- Subsequent Spear Ratio 20/23.75/27.5/31.25/35% AD ⇒2/27.5/31.9/36.3/40.6% AD
Kalista has always been known as an early game ADC who struggles to keep up in scaling with her role counterparts. By buffing the AD ratios on her Rend, Kalista should be able to stay within her power curve a bit later into the game.
Q – Reaping Slash
- Darkin Physical Damage 65% AD (+5% (+4% per 100 AD) of target’s max health) ⇒ 65% AD (+5% (+5.5% per 100 AD) of target’s max health)
R – Umbral Trespass
- Darkin Physical Damage 10% (+13% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s max health ⇒ 15% (+13% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s max health
Compensation buffs for Red Kayn due to the Goredrinker nerfs. The frequently spammed Q gaining 1.5 percent max health damage in combination with a massive 5 percent max health damage on his ultimate should help out the Darkin’s damage quite a bit.
W – Ruthless Predator
- Empowered Stun Duration 1 second ⇒5 seconds
- Lockout Duration 0.375 seconds ⇒525 seconds
The patch 11.18 changes to Renekton succeeded at their goal: lower Renekton’s priority at Worlds. Those nerfs greatly hurt Renekton’s niche of lockdown diving, making him a much weaker champion. The croc should be rising back up now that his W has now been fully reverted heading into preseason.
W – Ki Burst
- Damage 55/85/115/145/175 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 65/95/125/155/185 (+100% bonus AD)
E – Valor
- Shield 85/115/145/175/205 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 85/115/145/175/205 (+120% bonus AD)
Riven is another champion who was hurt by the Goredrinker nerfs. As compensation, she has been given 10 more damage on her W (lost from the cleave) and 20 percent bonus AD scaling on her E shield (lost from the healing).
E – Hail of Arrows
- Damage 60/100/140/180/220 (+60% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+90% bonus AD)
Varus was one of the most oppressive ADC’s for nearly the entire season until some late nerfs put him out of commission. This 30 percent bonus AD buff to his E should help lethality poke Varus find a bit more usage.
Q – Vault Breaker
- Knockback Duration 0.7 seconds ⇒75 seconds
- Dash range now extends up to 50 units when going over a wall
- Distance traveled and damage dealt are now based on exact channeling time instead of every 0.25 seconds
- Targets will get knocked back immediately upon contact with Vi
R – Cease and Desist
- Knockup Duration Varies between 1.25 -1.49 seconds ⇒4 seconds
- Both the target’s knockup and Vi’s self-stun during her ult animation now have consistent durations rather than varying between casts
- Vi’s ult knockup will take effect once she is 300 units from her primary target instead of varying between 0-300 based on 0.25 second intervals
- Nearby enemies in Vi’s ult path will get knocked back immediately upon contact with Vi
As an older champion, Vi’s kit has had consistency issues mainly due to bad coding and implementation for a while now. This gameplay pass should serve to fix a majority of them, which will also result in her feeling smoother and better to play. Many of the fixes do skew towards a buff most of the time.
- Health 400 ⇒ 450
- Omnivamp 8% ⇒ 10%
Riot is giving Goredrinker a bit of power back. However, that power is coming solely in the health and sustain categories instead of anything damage-related.
Those are the League of Legends Patch 11.22 Highlights! More champions are continuing to receive adjustments. There are many picks that will need to be tested to gauge their new power levels. However, most of the big changes are not expected until after Season 11 ends.